Mar 18, 2009

He's Here!!!

Hi all, Jordan here. We went in to have a routine 39-week doctor's appointment today and the doctor offered to induce Cassie today. She jumped at the chance, so he called and got us in. We ran home to drop off Colby, grab the hospital bag and eat a bite of lunch. Then we were back out the door to get to the hospital by about 1:30. She started Pitocin at 2:30. By 4:45 the contractions were very regular and pretty intense, even if they weren't hurting at all, so the doctor broke her water. That really got things going. Contractions started to be pretty intense and painful, but Cassie did great. She was way tuff (that's TUFF). So a mere 50 minutes later she was ready to push. When I told her nurse, she grabbed the doctor and the staff flooded the room. (Cassie may have mentioned that the other two kids went very quickly, so they were ready.) Baby was born at 5:32 and weighed in at a whopping 9lbs 12 oz!!! No one could believe it, but he is a chunk. I said he gets that from his cousin on my side. Not sure exactly how that works, but whatever. Anywho, everyone is doing great. Mom is happy and feeling good and baby is happy, healthy, and chunky. Enjoys these pictures and we're so excited!








13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations you guys! He looks bigger than Cole and Cole is now 6 weeks old. What a tubby! We are so excited for you .

Erin said...

Yay! Congrats, guys! Can't wait to hear more... And, Cass... you look great for having just given birth. You're a champ. :)

{Layla} said...

Cass!! Congratulations woman! This is Layla (Simpson) Overman!!! I found your blog through Erins and I wanted to Congratulate you and tell you that your family is beautiful. What did you name this adorable baby boy? I can't believe you have 3 children! They are so cute! Well I hope you don't mind if I blog stalk you now and again and be sure to check out our blog!! I'm so happy I found yoU!

Craig and Erin said...

Happy Happy Day! We are so excited for a new little cousin! Post more picutres soon!

heather said...

YAY!!! Beautiful baby boy!! I am proud to be the mom of that cousin - although I think Colby may have rubbed off on L because he's loosing all that cute chub and getting skinny! Ahh ... I can't wait to see him!!! Only a week and a half!!

Amy said...

Now I thought I had big babies!!! Good job you two!! He is such a cutie! Wish we lived closer so we could come see him. Love you all!

Jeff said...

Holy Shmoly...first off, way to go Jordan for posting your first blog (I think). And, WAY TO GO Cassie for delivering that 3 month old baby boy! Nearly 10 lbs...the thought has me in pain. Congrats!!

Jeff said...

That last post was from me...Bridget, not Jeff.

Kristen said...

WooHoo! Wonderful! I'm so glad everyone is doing well-- yay!

Name? :D

Williams Whoop-la said...

I'm impressed Jordan, with your bloggin skills. Now with 2 bloggers in the family their are no excuses for not updating before every 3 months. . . oh, unless it is having 3 children under 3, that is a pretty good excuse. Cassie, you sounded great today, I am still in ah of your 9 1b. baby though. You look FANTASTIC after that. I am so happy for you! Oh, and Jordan, you look good too after coaching, you look like you could go a few more rounds though! :) Best Wishes for your new little family!

Jordan & Cassie said...

Crystal, just so we're clear... I'm not a blogger. This was a one-time event. The three kids under the age of three thing is a great excuse to not post to a blog for months, if not years at a time.

Brad Sarah and Co. said...

Yay!!!!!! I'm so happy for your beautiful little family! You all look so good!

naptime nostalgia said...

Congrats Christensen Fam! We are all so excited for you. He is adorable!

OUR SUMMER